1. Don't wear, eat or drink anything new on race day.
2. Write your name on your shirt, or anything you want to hear over and over again for 26.2 miles. Hearing a stranger connect with you will keep you going.
3. Have friends or family at designated spots later on in the race with a change of shirt, socks or maybe even shoes if it's a rainy day.
4. Remember to look around and enjoy the experience.
5. DON'T SET OFF TOO FAST! So many people make the mistake of starting off too fast and
consequently end up hitting the wall. You should start a marathon with the feeling that you are braking and holding back.